Thursday, March 5, 2009

Naming our school

This is my idea for our school name. I think that I might even have little cards made as well. I googled the name and no one else had Shady Tree School. There is someone with a blog that is Shady Tree Academy but that is totally different. LOL We tend to spend quite a bit of time outside and we have lots of trees for lovely shade. In the summer, it makes being outside bearable, here in the middle of Texas.

We honestly lean much more towards unschooling. I just feel that pushing and battling H to "do" school work is counterproductive at this point. She can read, write, add, subtract and she is polite. What more could you ask for in a 6 year old? ;) She also loves to listen to classical history on CD as well as myths and tales on CD. So I am not as lazy as it seems with school? Nah, I am laid back and lazy... ;) Just want her to love and find ways to learn and not fight it.

Hopefully will post more regularly here but not promising anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment